Stevie's bio

Stevie and I had a good long time together. Stevie was a bottle baby and I retreeved him and his brother Eric as soon as they were able to eat from a bowl instead of a bottle. They were pretty little when I got them and a terrible mess. But I got them all cleaned up just in time to go through Hurricane Harvey together. Our house was lucky and we sustained no damage. It was a stressful time but Stevie provided plenty of fun and snuggly distraction.

Unfortunately brother Eric didn't make it due to an intestinal blockage that didn't come to light until he started eating solid food. But Stevie and I soldiered on. Stevie is a very affectionate kitten and confident in his ability to march right up to you, purring all the time, and get some kisses. 

Once Stevie became an "only kitten" I realized how much he needed a playmate. He explored and played with what seemed like boundless energy. He came up to me a dozen times a day proudly carrying a toy and daring me to try and get it from him. When I had to leave him alone he didn't like it and had even more energy when I finally got back to him. Luckily I was able to coordinate with another foster mom and procure Stevie two healthy brothers just a week younger. 

Stevie led his band of brothers on raucous games of chase. It didn't matter if he was chasing or the one being chased, Stevie was happy. The three of them rolled and tumbled and stalked and wrestled with each other all over and through the kitten room. But Stevie was known to stop suddenly and bound up to me and lovingly procure a snuggle and sometimes a kiss. Also, he was completely fearless of my 80 pound dog.

Stevie is confident, fun and very affectionate. He will make a delightful addition to a lively family.

Comments